GUESS what happens when your homeowners policy doesn’t cover your art loss or theft?
That is right…
Even though you faithfully paid your premiums for your home insurance .
If you are thinking of investing in a Muskoka Seven piece of art then be sure to call your art agent now.
Here are 8 questions to ask when insuring your paintings, sculptures and bronzes
- How much coverage is included in my standard policy for artworks and antiques? Isn’t it better to find out now then LATER?
- What does my current homeowners premiums cover? Will it cover natural disasters, fire, flood, earthquakes, accidents, or theft?
- Are there any exclusions in my policy that I need to know about?
- Do I need to add an insurance RIDER to protect my art work?
- Does my current insurance company offer riders to cover art?
- Do i need to meet an additional deductible for this rider?
- Is my policy worth two times the appraised value of my paintings, sculptures and bronzes?
- Do you have a few any local art appraisers contact info that have good references?
If you already own art then you owe it to yourself to contact your home insurance agent now and ask these questions today.